Latest Movie :

Gerrard celebrates captaincy

Gerrard celebrates captaincy


Gerrard led Liverpool to a victory in his first match as captain 11 years ago
Gerrard led Liverpool to a victory in his first match as captain 11 years ago
Steven Gerrard is celebrating 11 years as captain of his boyhood club Liverpool.
Gerrard was made skipper by Gerard Houllier ahead of the UEFA Cup clash with Olimpija Ljubljana on October 15 in 2003.

The Merseyside-born midfielder took over the armband from Sami Hyypia and led the Reds to a 3-0 victory at Anfield.
Gerrard admitted at the time that it was a dream to be made captain of the club he joined as a nine-year-old.
"I was captain of my school side and I used to go along to Anfield to watch the team,” Gerrard said in 2003.
“I used to watch Barnes with the captain's armband and dream that one day it would be me captaining the team I love.”
The former England captain, who has made over 450 appearances for the Reds since making his debut in 1998, feels pretty much the same today.
Gerrard posted on Instagram: "11 years ago today I became the captain of my boyhood team one of the proudest days of my career. It's a huge honour to captain this great club."
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. KISOKA ZAIDI - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger